Menlo Park Academy (MPA) is the highest ranked K-8 school in Ohio* whose purpose is to develop the potential of gifted learners through unique and rewarding experiences that nurture the whole child. We offer a curriculum as unique as our 400+ students with the appropriate acceleration and differentiation options. MPA is consistently designated “Excellent” or receives an "A" by the Ohio Department of Education, a regular recipient of the “Auditor of State Award”, and exceptionally proud of the 40+ dedicated and qualified staff focused on our purpose. We are in the process of renovating the former Joseph & Feiss building on W. 53rd Street in Cleveland, creating an innovative learning environment that will be completed for a grand opening this fall. Above all, MPA provides a community environment that understands and supports gifted children as well as the professionals dedicated to serving their educational needs. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced leader to guide the organization to the next level.
Position Description: The School Leader is the educational and instructional leader of the school who reports directly to the Board of Directors (BOD). Ultimately responsible for the leadership of MPA’s educational functions. The ideal candidate’s educational philosophy will integrate with both gifted education best practices, and public school of choice leadership.
Education: Master’s Degree, preferably in Education and/or Administration and Principal’s license preferred, but not required
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Contact: Please email a cover letter, your resume, salary requirements, and references to Search Committee at talent @ menloparkacademy.com with the subject "School Leader".
If you are interested in being considered for any of the positions below, please submit a cover letter and resume to jobs@MenloParkAcademy.com with your certification (if
applicable) or desired position in the subject line. Click on the available positions below for more detail.
|Administrative Positions: ||Edison Club Staff|
|Faculty Members:||SPED Intervention|
|Long Term and Daily Substitute Teachers|
Edison Club Staff
MPA is seeking before after care staff to work with gifted students in grades K-8. Staff position is 15 hours/week (3-6pm, Mon-Fri). We are seeking dedicated team players who are excited to work with children who have asynchronous or uneven development who can be intense, sensitive and passionate. You must have excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and demonstrated ability to take initiative. Interested candidates should submit their application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Edison Club Staff" in the subject line.
Special Education Intervention Specialist
1. Provides an educational program for students as defined in the students Individualized Education Program (I.E.P.).
2. Works cooperatively with regular classroom teachers, interpreting the abilities and disabilities of these students, assisting in classroom intervention strategies, modifying general education curricular as necessary, and assisting the student with regular class assignments.
3. Communicates regularly with parents and professional staff regarding the educational, social, and personal needs of students.
4. Assists the special education student in making a assessment of his/her abilities and in establishing educational and vocational occupational goals in keeping with these abilities.
5. Develops and implements an Individualized Educational Program of each child, complimentary to his/her educational strengths and needs as defined through the multifactored evaluation and I.E.P. process, and Regular Education Curriculum.
6. Completes necessary reports and record keeping as required by state and local policies and procedures.
7. Participates in professional growth activities through staff development, inservice, workshops, and higher education.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Valid Ohio Special Education Teaching Certificate/License to teach children with disabilities.
Long Term and Daily Substitute Teachers
MPA is seeking certified teachers and licensed substitute teachers to work with gifted students in grades K-8, many of whom are learning several grade levels ahead. Must have appropriate state license.
Working at MPA: Menlo Park Academy teachers work collaboratively with colleagues to implement an academically strong, child-centered, and differentiated curriculum for our gifted learners. We are looking for dedicated team players who are excited to work with children who have asynchronous or uneven development who can be intense, sensitive and passionate. You must have excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and demonstrated ability to take initiative. Interested candidates should submit their application materials to email@example.com with the position of interest in the subject line.