Our Mission, Philosophy, and Values
Menlo Park Academy is a public school that develops the potential of gifted learners through an exemplary program of rewarding experiences that nurtures the whole child.
We focus on each of the following concepts individually:
- Public – We are a public charter school with open enrollment and no tuition charges.
- Gifted – Our school is designed for gifted students, according to the rules of the state of Ohio.
- Exemplary – Our curriculum is as unique as our students with options to address a variety of needs.
- Rewarding – We provide experiences that build self-confidence and a love of learning.
- Partnership – Our school culture emphasizes parents' and teachers' partnership in meeting student needs.
- Whole Child– We understand gifted children require development of their emotional, social, physical, and academic abilities.
Gifted children are an at-risk group of learners. They need a dynamic environment customized to their individual needs. They deserve enriched experiences designed to develop their skills and their unique intellectual, social, and emotional needs.
Our innovative model offers more density and complexity, and moves at a faster pace than a typical school. Students are also afforded the opportunity to interact and build friendships with their intellectual peers.
Our goals and decisions are courageous and bold, and always transparent, ethical and compassionate. We are committed to providing a unique and challenging environment for the Gifted Child where they may collaborate and learn with their intellectual peers.
We believe that a strong, collaborative partnership begins with trust, respect, and commitment. Our communication within our most valued resource – a school community of parents, students, staff, and supporters – is thoughtful, transparent, and collaborative.
In everything we do, we strive to ignite sparks of interest and passion as well as excite a self-directed love of learning at an accelerated pace. Our mission is to offer an exemplary, vibrant, and unique program that will enable our intellectually exceptional children to identify and maximize their talents, while achieving academic, emotional, and social success.
We balance, challenge, and demand with support, encouragement, and accountability. We offer a nurturing learning environment where each student grows in confidence while experimenting, thinking independently and learning to work cooperatively in a global society. Students and staff are motivated to take initiative and use critical thinking skills to creatively solve problems.
WE ARE MENLO PARK ACADEMY!