STEP 1: Qualifying
Students must achieve a superior cognitive identification on a state approved test within the last 24 months. (Examples include IOWA, MAPS, CogAt, WISC-V, WIPPSI for preschoolers)
Tests and may be secured in the following ways:
1. Identified at Current School
If your child has been identified gifted, you may submit the test scores used to qualify your student.
2. Home District
If your student is enrolled in a public district, you may request that he or she be tested for gifted identification.
3. Menlo Park Academy
MPA offers free gifted student testing. Request an appointment here.
4. Independent Testing
You may have a private psychologist test your child. Click here to request a list of suggested providers.
STEP 2: Applying
- Complete the online enrollment application.
- Provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate and a proof of residency (utility bill: gas, electric, water, or government mail from the last two months).
- Provide school transcripts or records from previous school.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a current teacher to assist in classroom placement.
- $100 deposit, to be applied toward an enrolled student’s material fee of $500 plus $75 technology fee. Families on a wait list will not be required to pay the deposit until an enrollment placement is secured.